25 January, 2022
We're now hiring for people to join our Industry leading Academy across the UK
Edge Testing is part of a global organisation employing 55,000 colleagues in 50 countries. We maintain our family feel from being a start-up business in Glasgow back in 2007, to enjoying the support and investment from the wider Eurofins groups now operating across the UK. We work closely with our cyber testing partners within Commissum and Digital media testing partners in Eurofins Digital Testing to provide a truly unique service offering to our customers.
Being part of our 160 strong team in Edge testing, you will join a strong proactive team which is really unique within testing consultancy field. You certainly won’t feel like a number…. we invest our time and energy in supporting you to develop. You will get the opportunity to work with our talented and committed test managers, senior automation and performance consultants who are delivering a service which is second to none.
Through the challenging times over the last two years we have continued to take an approach which is focussed on our colleagues, from one to one contact from our MD, to home working budget up to £250.00 in Edge Testing you will be joining a business that truly embraces flexibility, diversity & inclusion and hybrid working.
Are you ready to start a rewarding career in the ever-changing world of tech?
Have you ever thought of Software Testing as a career in Tech?
Do you have Computer Science degree or equivalent and an enquiring mind?
Do you want a challenging and Rewarding Career?
Then come speak to us, we are hiring now for people to join our Industry leading Academy across the UK.
Software testing is a critical part of the tech industry. To avoid high profile software failures, costly errors and damage to their brands, organisations are heavily investing in new technology and techniques to improve the efficiency, Quality and effectiveness of their testing.
A career in software testing offers the opportunity to develop both your technical and business skills, while you contribute to the success of systems delivery for high profile organisations across a range of industries. You can develop skills in evolving areas such as:
- Test automation using tools and frameworks to write automated test scripts in programming languages such as Java, C#, Ruby, Python etc.
- Exploratory testing which involves defining and executing tests and raising defects concurrently to increase the speed at which we can test and provide feedback
- Supporting Agile and DevOps methodologies, improving the collaboration between testers, developers and operations
- Influencing the future development of a software product or service
What does my future look like?
As a Software Test Consultant, you’ll be involved in all phases of an IT project, which makes testing an excellent field for those who want to develop skills related to all aspects of software development. In developing cross functional skills, you will have the opportunity to progress your career into more senior roles including management, performance testing and consultancy.
What will I be doing?
An Edge Testing Consultant will have the opportunity to:
- Work on a wide variety of projects from cutting edge start-ups, to large complex business critical projects – each project provides a new learning platform
- Review software requirements to ensure they are clear to all aspects of the business
- Collaborate with developers to identify unit tests for their code
- Create automated tests to support build verification activities
- Create and execute tests to check the functionality of the software works as expected
- Raise issues with the development team when the application does not behave as expected
- Work with business stakeholders to identify the priority and severity of defects raised
- Engage the support team to identify workarounds and solutions for production issues
After successfully completing your training, you will work on-site at our Regional Technology Centre in Bellshill, Birmingham and Manchester or with a nominated end client. You’ll work on exciting projects, possibly involving testing hardware and infrastructure, or digital projects, where you’ll be testing applications across digital portfolios, including mobile applications (iOS and Android) and web applications. Most of these digital programmes are customer facing applications, so you will help make a big difference in improving the experience of customers and you will be able to see the impact that the testing has had on the product. Work will take you to varied locations across the UK, so flexibility to work away is key as well as supporting flexible remote working.
But that’s not all, there’s plenty to get involved with outside of work too, with social events and networking, as well as charity initiatives and much more.
We provide you with:
- The opportunity to receive industry recognised training and qualifications and SQA certification
- Development of cross functional IT skills e.g., stakeholder management, communication, planning and managing pressure
- Understanding of core software testing principles and practices e.g. risk management, reviewing documentation, writing and executing test cases, raising defects
- Gain experience with some of the world’s most reputable organisations
- Mentoring and on-going support throughout your entire Academy journey
- Social events and networking
- Paid training each year to allow self-development
Apply now if you have the following:
- Computing related degree or equivalent experience
- Appreciation of current trends in software development (including Agile and DevOps)
- The passion and enthusiasm to succeed within the IT industry
- An analytical mind-set so that you can identify the variety of tests that could be run to validate functionality
- The curiosity to think of a range of approaches that could be used to break the software
- Excellent communication skills to effectively communicate thoughts and ideas to all different types of people in the software development lifecycle
Competitive Starting Salaries
Closing date: 31st January 2022
Our Benefits & Culture
- Hybrid working model
- 33 holidays per year
- Cycle to work
- Perkbox, a platform with a range of discounts on products/ services and special rates including regular free treats.
- Opportunity for continued growth and development
- Company pension and life assurance.
- Weekly online live Yoga sessions
- Equipment budget for working from home
We provide a safe environment in which all of us can bring our true selves to work and reach our full potential. Our success comes from our people, regardless of ethnicity, cultural background, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, or anything else that makes people unique. We do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Please click here to apply.
Please also be aware that this role is for those with entry level experience and people who want a change of career.
Back to News